SECURE YOUR SEAT!
Cal Athletics is back! Although you can’t be in Berkeley physically, you can purchase your very own cardboard cutouts for the 2020-2021 season to cheer on the Bears.
California Cutouts - $50
- Click order now to choose your facility!
Please be sure to use our helpful Photo Submission Guide to take and upload the best photo to ensure you look your best.
When configuring your item, you will be asked to upload your personal portraits into this template to help streamline the printing process.
Upload you, your friend, your family member or even your pet!
- How many cutouts can I purchase per transaction? Fans may purchase up to four cutouts per transaction; however, if more than one photo in the order does not meet the guidelines, the entire order will be canceled.
Are there any photo submission guidelines? Yes, the following guidelines are:
1. Individuals appearing in photos may be photographed in either non-branded or Cal-branded attire only. No third-party branding, including on apparel and in photo backgrounds. No attire or other branding of Universities or sports teams other than Cal.
2. Images in photos may not contain commercial advertising, including company names, apparel brands, hashtags, social media handles, phone numbers, logos, slogans or other branding.
3. Photos may not contain political statements, logos, slogans or other political content.
4. Photos must be free of offensive or negative comments about Cal sports teams, current and former players or others.
5. Lewd, inappropriate, derogatory, discriminatory or offensive photos should not be submitted.
6. Cal reserves the right to reject and will not install any cut-out that it determines, in its sole and uncontrolled discretion, violates these photo submission guidelines or is otherwise offensive, lewd, derogatory, infringing, discriminatory or inappropriate. Cal will be obligated to provide the purchaser a refund if a submitted photo and/or cut-out is rejected by Cal due to a failure to conform to these guidelines.
- Can more than one person be in the photo? Only one person per Cutout. Photos with multiple people will not be accepted.
- Can I submit a photo of my pet? Yes! Pet photos are permitted if they comply with the photo submissions guidelines and criteria.
- How will I know if the photo I upload is accepted? You will be contacted if your photo does NOT meet submission guidelines. See our photo submissions guidelines for tips on submitting the best photo.
- Will I be able to see my cutout in the broadcast? It might be possible, but we cannot guarantee it.
- Where will my cutout be placed? Cutouts will be randomly placed in historic California Memorial Stadium and Haas Pavilion. There is no guarantee which area your cutout will be placed or what seat.
- If I buy one for each member of my family, will we be placed next to each other? There is no guarantee that your cutouts will be placed next to each other.
- Can I keep my cutout at the end of the season? Yes! You will be able to pick up your cutout at the conclusion of the season. Details about pick up will be communicated after the 2020 season. Cutouts will not be mailed or delivered.
- What if my cutout gets damaged? If a cutout gets damaged, we will do our best to have it replaced in a timely fashion. Cal Athletics reserves the right to decide what constitutes a damaged cutout. Cal Athletics cannot guarantee the condition of your cutout after exposure to weather, outdoor elements.
RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY | TERMS & CONDITIONS
In consideration for allowing me, my child(ren) or ward(s) (collectively, "Minor(s)"), and any other featured individuals (together with me and Minor(s), the "Featured Individuals") to participate in the cutout program (the "Program"), including the possibility of appearing in Cal and PAC 12 visual production(s) (collectively, "Productions"), the receipt of which shall be sufficient consideration for this Release, I do hereby agree as follows:
The image submitted for the Program may be (but is not guaranteed to be) visible on television broadcasts of the Cal home games and in film, photographs and recordings of such games.
I may only submit your photo or a photo of an individual from whom I have obtained express permission to submit a photo under these Terms and Conditions. Pictures of celebrities, persons of notoriety or other third parties, in each case, that the Club reasonably believes are not your picture or a picture of someone from whom you have obtained express permission may be rejected and the Cal will not be obligated to refund the purchase price.
All photos submitted must comply with the Photo Submission Guidelines.
I hereby agree, on behalf of myself and my personal representatives, heirs, successors, assigns and next of kin, as follows:
I hereby represent and warrant that (i) I am at least 18 years of age or that I am the parent or legal guardian of all Minor(s) on whose behalf I am agreeing to this Release, (ii) I am the sole owner of the rights I am granting herein or have the express authorization of the rightsholder, and (iii) I have the express permission and authorization of any person depicted in an Image to submit that Image and Personal Information to the Club and to grant the rights set forth herein and to agree to this Release on their behalf.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, I, FOR MYSELF AND ON BEHALF OF ALL OF THE OTHER FEATURED INDIVIDUALS, AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, AND HOLD UC BERKELEY, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS , HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSS, EXPENSE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REASONABLE ATTORNEY'S FEE, OR CLAIMS FOR INJURY OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT. I, for myself and on behalf of all of the other individual featured in any submission, further covenant not to sue or otherwise pursue any form of recovery or legal action, including arbitration, against any of the Released Parties arising from or relating to any Claim. I, for myself and on behalf of all of the other Featured Individuals in any submission, acknowledge and agree that this Release is intended to satisfy any and all of the consent requirements of California Civil Code sections 3344 and 3344.1, and we hereby waive and release any and all claims that we may have or hereafter have against the Released Parties under those statutes or any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect.
I, FOR MYSELF AND ON BEHALF OF ALL OTHER FEATURED INDIVIDUALS IN ANY SUBMISSION, ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE PROVISIONS OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS:
"A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY."
BEING AWARE OF SAID CODE SECTION, WE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS WE MAY HAVE THEREUNDER, AS WELL AS UNDER ANY OTHER STATUTES OR COMMON LAW PRINCIPLES OF SIMILAR EFFECT.
I, for myself and on behalf of all of the other Featured Individuals in any submission, agree that if I and/or any of the other individual featured in any submission, or anyone acting on our behalf, commence, join in, or in any way seek relief through any suit, action, and/or Claim arising out of, based upon, or relating to any of the Claims released hereunder, or in any way assert against the Released Parties any of the Claims released hereunder, then we will pay to the Released Parties, in addition to any other damages caused to the Released Parties thereby, all attorneys' fees incurred by the Released Parties in defending or otherwise responding to said suit, action, and/or Claims.
This Release shall inure to the benefit of the legal representatives, licensees, successors, and assigns of the Released Parties.
This Release and the Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, construed, interpreted, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California. I, for myself and on behalf of all of the other individual featured in any submission, hereby (a) irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Alameda County, California, in connection with all matters and issues arising out of the Program and/or this Release, (b) agree not to bring any claim or action except in such courts, and (c) irrevocably waive all claims, defenses, and objections based on improper venue, inconvenient forum, and/or lack of personal jurisdiction with respect to such courts. These Terms and Conditions are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law and if any portion of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid, the remainder will continue in full legal force and effect. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any dispute, claim or cause of action in any way related to these Terms and Conditions or the Program shall be resolved by mandatory, confidential, final and binding arbitration in Los Angeles, California. By purchasing the Program you hereby agree that all disputes shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and waive any right to litigate or arbitrate any claims as a class action, representative action, or class arbitration. If you do not consent to this clause, you may not purchase the Program. This clause is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
If any provision of this Release shall for any reason be held invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect any other provision hereof and this Release shall be construed as if such invalid or unenforceable provision were omitted.
I, for myself and on behalf of all of the other Featured Individuals in any submission, acknowledge and agree that Cal Athletics reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to refuse to create and/or display any Program materials, including, without limitation, any Program materials that Cal Athletics deem in their sole and absolute discretion to be lewd, immoral, offensive, tasteless, or otherwise inappropriate or improper. I further acknowledge and agree that Cal Athletics are not responsible for any lost or damaged Program materials, and that any lost or damaged Program materials will not be replaced.
I, for myself and on behalf of all of the other Featured Individuals, acknowledge that we have had adequate opportunity to read this Release and to make whatever investigation or inquiry we may have deemed necessary or desirable in connection with the subject matter of this Release prior to accepting it.
BY ORDERING, I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS RELEASE AND THE PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDE LOCATED AT INSERT THE PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES LINK, AND THAT I AM COMPETENT TO ACCEPT THE TERMS HEREIN AND THEREIN, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND THE OTHER FEATURED INDIVIDUALS IN ANY SUBMISSION, WITH FULL UNDERSTANDING OF THEIR CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF AND THE RELEASED PARTIES AND BY ACCEPTING AND SUBMITTING THIS RELEASE, I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS RELEASE AND DO SO ON MY OWN FREE WILL.
Photo Submission Guidelines
No commercial advertising, including company names, apparel brands, hashtags, social media handles, phone numbers, logos, slogans or other branding.
CAL-branded attire only. No third-party branding, including on apparel and in photo backgrounds.
No political statements, logos, slogans or other political content.
No offensive or negative comments about Cal or other sports teams.
No lewd, inappropriate or offensive photos.
No arms raised in photos.
Cal reserves the right to reject any photo that it determines, in its sole discretion, violates these guidelines or is otherwise offensive, lewd, derogatory, infringing, discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate. Cal will not be obligated to provide the purchaser a refund if a submitted photo is rejected for any of these reasons.